this is the first issue of the Qi community news. It tries to
capture events, discussions and developments in the Qi community. This
issue tries to capture the developments over the past three weeks.
- Mirko L. announced a new official Image ( find the files here)
Highlights of the new image:
- music player GMU added
- gmenu2x as graphical launcher
- faster boot time due to rootfs split
- OpenWrt 10.03 Backfire was released and the Ingenic Xburst platform is now officially supported
- Mark Adrian Bell created a HowTo about Time settings on the NN and how to use the NN as a calendar
- Wolfgang announced an IRC webchat as an easy way to get support here at Qi
- Zeartul announced that with the current kernel the NN is now completely compatible with Dingoo A320 games
- Richard Weinberger proposed splitting the rootfs in two in order to save boot time
- Wejp released gmu 0.7.0, a multi platform music player
- Wolfgang improved the wiki, adding a threaded forum,
support for anonymous edits (hopefully spam-safe), support for OpenID,
PDF previews, timeline, charts, external data. GraphViz and SiteChart
were removed because nobody used them and they are not maintained in
the MediaWiki SVN.
- Jonathan Nieder proposed some ideas how to get xburst-tools into Debian, along with some patches to get things started.
- David Samblas published a tutorial on how to port a simple app (gnuchess) to NanoNote using OpenWrt build system
- Rubén Berenguel ported Gnugo to the Ben, and proposed several other math related packages to continue with (pari/gp, octave, gforth).
- Carlos Camargo uploaded a video showing SAKC as an oscilloscope.
- Guylhem posted binaries to flash the NanoNote from OS X